Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why Do People Buy Art?

In a recent survey, I asked the question:  Why do people buy original art?  Here are the survey results:

1.I must like the art, and the price must be right. I am interestedt in representational art, not abstract expressionism. Wed, Oct 20, 2010 7:19 AM Find...


2. why not buy original art?? i would most likely buy contemporary art. i love owning items that are one of a kind and seeing what brains are up to these days. Tue, Oct 19, 2010 1:16 PM Find...

3. Admiration of the artist's work.

4. I enjoy outdoor scenes of nature and portraits of people. Tue, Oct 19, 2010 8:53 AM Find...

5. because I like it. Mon, Oct 18, 2010 8:54 PM Find...

6. I don't. Mon, Oct 18, 2010 8:35 PM Find...

7. The reason would be to show support for an artist who's work I admire. Whether we admit it or not...we are performers in some sense...and we LIKE for others to like our work. When someone likes your artwork well enough to purchase a piece that you have created...well...you feel a sense of accomplishment...finished. Funny...never really thought about it. I personally am attracted to impressionist works of gardens and landscapes. But most art appeals to me in some way and is always worthy of thought...I suppose. Oh! And figurative sculptures...love them! Mon, Oct 18, 2010 6:18 PM Find...

8. Something that would establish an emotional connection with me, basically. I tend to like pieces that show strong symbolism along with beauty and fluidity, and show a very particular artistic interpretation. Pieces I would not buy: strict representation of reality, naturalism. Mon, Oct 18, 2010 9:33 AM Find...

9. I buy art, when it delievers a good feeling to me, when I sense something special and unique in it (this applies to paintings, clothes and other things)

10. buying original art means receiving a particle of the creators energy and I honour that

11. i most likely purchase artwork in bright vibrant colors that deliver a good feeling Mon, Oct 18, 2010 1:50 AM Find...

12. I like colors pleasing to my preference and something that is clearly creative, unique and not possible to mass produce. Sun, Oct 17, 2010 9:58 PM Find...

13. I will buy if piece speaks to me in a special way or is symbolic

14. Of importan issues my life...pottery, photos, paintings are my preferances. Sun, Oct 17, 2010 9:36 PM Find...

15. To help reflect my view of the world in my own space. Paintings or B&W photographs Sun, Oct 17, 2010 7:09 PM Find...

16. I would be very interested in the outcome of this survey. - Giorgio Sun, Oct 17, 2010 6:43 PM Find...

17. I would buy art only for the pleasure of looking at the piece. Maria Brockelman Sun, Oct 17, 2010 6:43 PM Find...

18. I think people purchase art to decorate their homes more than anything else. Of course, some people purchase art for an investment.

Please click the link below if you would like to take the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TRB2QZP

No comments:

Post a Comment